|View printer-friendly version|
- The company presented interim data for its Phase 1b/2 CLASSICAL-Lung study of its pepinemab antibody in combination with avelumab (
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany) in NSCLC, which demonstrated a disease control rate (DCR) of 75 percent for all dose escalation subjects, while those who remained on therapy for two months or more showed a 90 percent disease control rate (excludes subjects who were deceased or had rapidly progressing tumors shortly following enrollment). While this is a small sample and comparison across clinical trials are imperfect, single agent avelumab had previously shown 50 percent DCR in a similar NSCLC population. Treatment with the combination therapy was deemed well tolerated at all dose levels.
- Initial results of a separate Window-of-Opportunity study in various solid tumors (CRC, melanoma, and HNSCC) being performed at the
Winship Cancer Institute of Emory Universityshowed that pepinemab increased infiltration of CD8+ cytotoxic T-cells and reduced regulatory T cells (Treg) and myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSC), a balanced response that increases tumoricidal and reduces immunosuppressive activity in the tumor. The company believes that this is important supporting clinical data previously reported only in animal tumor models.
- Patient recruitment in the phase 2 CLASSICAL-Lung study continues with the goal of enrolling an additional 50 patients in two cohorts: 22 patients who are immunotherapy naïve and 28 patients whose tumors progressed during or following prior immunotherapy.
- The company plans to present additional updates of all ongoing oncology clinical trials at
ASCO2019 in early June and anticipates topline data for the CLASSICAL–Lung clinical trial in Q4 2019.
- The posters may be accessed on the Investor Relations page of the
Vaccinexwebsite (www.vaccinex.com) or directly via the links below:
About Vaccinex, Inc.
To the extent that statements contained in this press release are not descriptions of historical facts regarding
Phone: (646) 597-6979
JQA Partners, Inc.
Phone: (917) 885-7378